Thursday, March 5, 2009

Forgetfulness

I will recap the birthday nights following '7' only very briefly:

March 1st: 2009 Wondercon SF. Met Adam Baldwin. Saw many strange costumes. Accidentally bumped shoulders with Princess Leia (Carrie Fisher). Awesome day.

March 2nd: Celebrated by doing absolutely nothing all day. Almost succeeded until persuaded into a nice dinner with cousins. Ate at BJ's. Almost literally inhaled their pazookie. Tradition upheld.

March 3rd: Back to the gym.

March 4th: Dinner at Claim Jumper. Appetizer sampler was enough to feed 8 starving Ethiopians. Wish I had a camera. Waitress gave me a flirty smile. Can't say that I blame her.

With that out of the way, allow me to introduce to you my new nemesis: Thursday mornings after long Wednesday nights.

Today, at 6:45 in the morning, I ran out to the driveway in forty degree weather in nothing but flip flops and a pair of boxers.

Allow me to backtrack.

Every week, our local garbage man comes to our neighborhood, just as any good garbage man would to cities all across the nation. Ours happens to pick up the garbage at first light; approximately the same time that I wake up. Unfortunately, due to my lengthy marathon of late-night TV, I had forgotten to place the cans outside.

Now, the only one that concerned me was the trash bin, that of course was the only one that was picked up by the time I had left my front door.

So there I am, standing in the freezing cold, nipples hard enough to cut glass, as I watch the garbage truck roll down the street and turn the corner, leaving behind only a cloud of exhaust from its tailpipe.

Needless to say, I was peeved.

Not only do we have garbage that needed to go out, but to make matters worse, the can was already filled up, and on top of that, we have a big family party to host today. So I figure that by the time next Thursday morning rolls around, we'll have nearly seven large bags of garbage overflowing the already-full garbage can.

My problem is that this isn't the first time this has happened to me. Not the second either. It's probably the fourth time... this year. I've lost count of how many over all.

Damn you long Wednesday Nights and Naked Thursday Mornings!

It seems like its time to start sneaking bags into the neighbors' cans when they're not looking.

1 comment: